A purpose built facility, an experienced, skilled team and cutting edge technology
There are many aspects that make Simmers Contracts Ltd specialists in Fabrication. A purpose built facility, an experienced and skilled team and cutting edge technology combine to make us the Fabricator of choice.
The Simmers Workshop
Our workshop is fully equipped to accommodate the requirements of our trade and comprises of 37,000 sq ft of floor space.
The Simmers Fabrication Technology
Four 6.5 tonne Demag overhead cranes allowing us to distribute materials easily and safely. A CNC Plasma Cutting Machine which has an integrated hypertherm true hole programme, enabling us to cut and punch a complete fitting in one operation. Plates and fittings are produced from this machine. Welding equipment suspended on rotary overhead runways maximise floor working areas
The Simmers Fabrication Team
We have a highly skilled and carefully selected workshop team, capable of turning around 80 – 100 tonnes per week and the workshop has capacity to exceed this on demand. Due to our experience and expertise, we are approved to IS0 9001 and CE Execution Class 3.
- 8 experienced fabricator/fitters
- 10 certified welders
- 2 CNC operators
- Our responsible coordinator, integral to ensuring our quality standards are adhered to
- A Draughtsman producing CAD fabrication and general arrangement drawing
- This enables the ordering of materials direct from the drawing office through the use of DSTV files
- Eliminating the requirement for paper drawing and reducing the risk of human error
- Material is then cut and drilled automatically on a CNC cutting and drilling line
- Our draughtsman also nests our fitting materials and forwards this programme direct to our Plasma cutting machine
Facility location – A purpose built facility ideally situated on the A96, midway between Aberdeen and Inverness.