The erection of fabricated buildings requires three key components; the right technology, an experienced and adept erection team and a safety protocol that meets with our own and our client’s requirements. Simmers Contracts Ltd can deliver all and not only meet but exceed your expectations.
The Simmers Erection Technology
- We have a substantial collection of in-house, modern plant and machinery that can cater for every eventuality on an erection contract
- Where required, we have good working relationships with several specialist lifting companies that accommodate our needs at short notice
The Simmers Erection Team
- We have a number of in-house, fully trained and experienced erection squads who can adapt to accommodate the challenges of each and every individual site or circumstance
- Generally, our squads comprise of a team leader along with 2 erectors. All of our site personnel are CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) certified or FASET (Fall Arrest Safety Equipment Trained) trained
- All our Squad leaders hold SSSM (Site Safety Supervisor) and have worked with the company for many years, providing extensive experience of delivering a quality and efficient service. This includes having the skills and foresight to overcome the variety of unique challenges that can arise on any construction site
- On larger contracts, we forward plan the erection sequence to enable the fabricated steel to arrive on site in load order to accommodate the erection programme or to suit client/main contractor’s requirements
- A number of our erection employees also hold a Crane Appointed Person certification which also allows us to carry out Contract Lifts
The Simmers Erection Safety Protocol
Our standard safety protocol is to issue site specific Method Statements, Risk Assessments and lifting plans. These are issued to the client/main contractor for their approved, a copy is then read, discussed and signed by the erection squad prior to commencement on site.